DRESS UP YOUR DIGITS
What you’ll need:
- Nail polish
- Polish remover
There are no set rules for these designs, so be creative with your colour palette. Begin with a base coat of your choosing. White really stands out and is perfect for making your skull pop.
Ghostly delight pattern
- The figures are nothing more than primary shapes. Dip one end of a toothpick into a black polish, and make oval eye sockets.
- Dip your toothpick into the polish again, and scrape off any excess to ensure a large amount doesn’t drop onto the nail. Make slits for the nose.
- Finally, draw a line near the tip of your fingernail. Using the same short-stroke technique as before, incorporate lines to give the illusion of stitches.
- Painting the blood is really simple. Grab another toothpick, and splash red nail polish onto the fingernail. The drip effect is what you’re going for.
- Paint a nail or two in an orange hue, and then paint black triangles for the eyes. Throw in a mini-triangular nose if you can afford the real estate. The smile or lack thereof is at your discretion. A toothy grin or a zigzag — it’s your call.
- To make a Frankenstein face, paint the whole nail a shade of green. Add some hair by blotting the black polish brush along the cuticle. With a toothpick, dot a set of black eyes. And as with the skull above, draw a line across your nail and create the stitches effect to make the mouth.
- You can create a family of Frankensteins or an entire pumpkin patch per hand. Making a monster manicure can get messy, so have polish remover and Q-tips on hand to fine-tune your Halloween nail art.